Infrastructure, Equipment Manufacturers and Networks
Guaranteeing consistency between the long-term thinking of infrastructure operators and the short-term developments in markets and technologies.
Infrastructure operators are at the heart of energy transition systems:
- Changes in user habits and behaviour which have a direct impact on investment levels, service quality, etc.
- The integration of renewable energies and the need to identify systems which are flexible enough to manage them.
- The emergence of new markets: the capacity mechanism market, the load management market, etc.
- The digitalisation of energy to transform consumers into sustainable consumers: smart meters, smart networks.
- Sustainable transport: charging stations for electric vehicles, natural gas vehicles, etc.
- New demands from stakeholders: protection of personal data, local regions which promote energy transition, incentives, etc.
These issues are just some of the challenges which operators must meet when embarking on their transformation.